Thursday, June 09, 2005

Heart Rate Failure

I stupidly decided to change the schedule and try to run up a hill until I nearly pass out instead of running a comfortable 10 miles. Well, what happened was that I ran up a hill until I nearly passed out, jogged down again, tried to run up again until I felt like passing out halfway up and had to stop. Maybe I’m not fit enough to push myself so hard, or maybe I just don’t have the confidence to push myself so hard, but I still don’t quite know my max heart rate. I know that it is higher than the 185 from the old 220 – age formula, because at the end of the first run it was up to 186.

I just have to take a guess and say it’s probably between 190 or 195.

Plus, I played football for an hour last night, plus another hour tonight, so at least I won’t have to worry about not doing enough training.

No comments:

Post a Comment