Monday, September 05, 2005

I had chickened out of my long run the previous Sunday and went home after 10 miles; therefore I really had to put in some effort yesterday. The weather was miserable, cold and rainy (not very windy though), and I begged the wife to give me an excuse not to go running. She must have wanted me out of the house though, because she pointed out that a bit of rain doesn’t bother you while running. So off I went, and it went ok actually, 17 miles, and it wasn’t raining all the time, and never heavily. The first 10 miles were easy, the next 7 less so but I got home in reasonable shape. I will try and go for another 20 miler next Sunday, and then start the taper.
I think my shins are improving, I haven’t got any pain today. They did hurt on Friday evening, despite the fact that Friday was a rest day, and have been fine ever since. Weird, but I’m not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment