Sunday, November 27, 2011

Running Is My Therapy

We had a couple a traumatic days. I'm not sure if I would be able to cope had I not running as my valve to let of steam. Got very emotional at times.

It was very windy yesterday, a couple of hours before the real storm was supposed to hit. In marked contrast, today was stunningly beautiful, sunshine and little wind, and entirely unexpected. I probably ran too fast, but this one was entirely for the head, trying to get rid of some of the trauma.

Can't say too much - sorry. Normal service will resume. Let's just say I'm immensely grateful that running gives me something to hold on to.

Maia drew a couple of pictures on tissues, apparently THE arty thing to do when you're 4 years old. Apparently that's me in the background, running while being chased by the neighbours' dog. In the foreground that's her playing with her toys (ah sure, it's obvious, just look at it). Having a happy, enthusiastic and innocent 4 year old around helps as well.

24 Nov
5 miles, 39:36, 7:55 pace, HR 143
25 Nov
5 miles, 38:36, 7:43 pace, HR 146
26 Nov
7 miles, 55:39, 7:57 pace, HR 145
27 Nov
8 miles, 1:00:34, 7:34 pace, HR 143

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter has talent and perception. She has you outrunning the dog! Hope things are OK on the home front/get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you have a great talent on your hands there (Maia the artist not Thomas the runner ;-))

    I always think you never know how good things are until they are not good. whether it is running, family, health, work or anything else. It can be very difficult to pause and absorb life when the tornado of life swirls around you constantly.

    ReplyDelete