Friday, July 22, 2011

Mr. Sun

Why am I even writing this? I have nothing to report, it must be down to habit. The most exciting thing to happen was my Garmin’s HR values going haywire; a new battery seems to have solved the problem. Hey, I told you I have nothing to write about.

There are still no photos from Saturday’s race. My face is just too ugly for pictures.

Actually, come to think of it, the most exciting thing to happen this week was the arrival of summer in Kerry, on the 21st the sun came out and the temperature went up all the way to 17C, woohoo, and will allegedly reach the 20s next week. That’s a heat wave compared to what we’ve had since ... well, ever. Yes I already know about the 38 degrees in Toronto, go away!

After being told off by MC about training too hard during the racing season, I have been very careful to keep the effort low on each and every run this week, but after 5 days of easy running I could feel the legs getting impatient. As there are a couple of short races around the corner, they will get their wish soon enough. I'm running these without the benefit of speedwork, which seems to be my way of doing things. On the plus side, I’m starting to look forward to real training again in the autumn. After feeling a bit burned out after Vienna, my mojo for the longer distances is coming back. I haven’t entirely made up my mind on next year’s ‘A’ races but I have a pretty good idea. Niamh has already been warned.

Tomorrow is a family fun day in Killorglin, followed by a 5k fun run in Killarney. The last time I tried racing in the evening after being on my feet all day was a disaster. Just saying.
20 Jul
5 miles, 38:31, 7:42 pace, HR ???
21 Jul
6+ miles, 46:09, 7:38 pace, HR 149
22 Jul
6+ miles, 46:39, 7:39 pace, HR 146

No comments:

Post a Comment