Thursday, November 17, 2005

Combining a workout with something practical

The Yoga teacher last night made me work my abs muscles, I can really feel them today. It’s unbelievable how taxing a few funny postures can be.
I had planned a 9 mile run today, but when I was about to leave, I saw an urgent letter on the mantelpiece and thought I could combine the run with doing something useful, and took the envelope and ran the 5 miles into Killorglin to the post box, before doing another 5 miles on a different route on the way back.
The wife wasn’t quite as grateful as she could have been, and called me completely mad. Never mind.

17 Nov: 10 miles, 1:21, 8:06 pace

8 comments:

  1. You may be a madman now, but you'll be a filthy rich genius when you find that perfect product that specifically requires a crew of delivery "runners" for distribution. No email, no mail, no cyclists, no Vespas, no FedEx UPS DHL, just runners.

    I already thought about pizza. Er ... no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once ran 7 miles to Blockbuster with 2 DVDs in my hand. Luckily I had 2, so it balanced things out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I once ran downtown (25K) to deliver a CD to a friend. I had to put the CD in a plastic bag, ductape it around my waterbelt.

    My friend is impress with the CD not smelling like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once told myself, the only way I am allowed to eat Carls Junior was if I ran there. I got drunk, bummed a ride from a friend, ate some Carls Jr,and weighed up to 265 pounds. Holly crap! I should have kept that deal with myself, maybe I could have stayed at a lean 255. If lean means man boobs then I was pretty damn lean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often run to do my errands. Sometimes that's the only way I can get it all done. Hubby thinks I'm insane as well...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find this behavior perfectly normal for a runner, I don't know where the problem is ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for droppin' by my blog, look forward to catchin' up with you through yours too!

    ReplyDelete