Wednesday, November 30, 2005

What's the Time?

I had planned another 10 miler in the morning. The timing is easy: get up at 6, out of the door at 6:20, and back around 7:40. You would think that shouldn’t be a problem, wouldn’t you? So why did I set my alarm clock for 6:20? Even more annoyingly, I was actually up at 6, fixing breakfast for my sons, who are early risers (regular readers know that). I ended up realising my mistake only when I was about to leave, and had to settle for 8 miles instead.
The run was fine, but I did miss my favourite light source, the Moon, and had to rely on my headlamp instead.
I’m really annoyed with myself now. It doesn’t really matter as far as my training is concerned, because I can do 10 miles tomorrow or on Friday, so I’m not dropping any miles, it’s just my sheer stupidity that’s buggering me.

30 Nov: 8 miles, 1:05, 8:07 pace

6 comments:

  1. Relax Thomas. Things happen and there is no way you can undo it now. Shrug it off and use it to remember to set the alarm when you intend to :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you made it of of bed at least and got in a good 8 miles. I do understand the annoyance of a missed plan though. Try not to let it ruin the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that 8 miler counts for something, doesn't it? No big deal, enjoy the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think getting your sons to be earlier riser is an accomplishment onto itself.

    I would never wake up past 8. Not when i was young..not when i was grown up...until i met triathlon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to drag my kids out of bed at 8 in order to get them to school by 8:45. Of course they go to bed sometime between 10:30 and 11:30. I blame it on my wife being a night owl. Hey, remember there are those of us that dream of running 8 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah - I set my alarm last night for an earlier time because I had to get an MRI done at 6:45 this morning and guess what? For some reason, I forgot to actually turn it on....thank goodness I woke up naturally! Ugh. I'm sure these sort of things happen to a lot of us! At least you managed to get 8 miles in!

    ReplyDelete