Monday, November 14, 2005

Permission Granted

I did another hill run today (we're talking about 150m elevation here). When I was huffing and puffing up the hill in a slight drizzle at 7am in very cold temperatures, I was starting to wonder what the hell I was doing. Then I reached the crest, and on the downhill it suddenly hit me. I ran full out, and really enjoyed it. I felt absolutely fantastic. Is that what they mean when they’re talking about runner’s high?

Yesterday evening the good Lady wife suddenly asked out of the blue: “When’s the Connemara marathon?”
Me: On March 26th
Her: So, in about 4 months?
Me: 19 weeks from now, to the day
Her: Oh really? You’re training for this already, aren’t you?
Me: No, actually, training starts a week from now
Her: I think I’d quite like to see Connemara in March

That’s it folks. Looks like I have permission from the High Council. Wahey!

6 comments:

  1. Whoa, it just can't get better than that, spouse on your side, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yippee! You have a wise high council.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing when a bad run turns good? Though I have to admit I've never had a hill run that really turned out well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always good to get the support of the high council. Mine usually just rolls her eyes at me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is great when u have the support of your other half :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just hope you see at least one running nun, in habit, from whatever that nunnery by Connemera is...Kylemore? Something. Running Nuns.

    ReplyDelete