Monday, July 11, 2022

More Chocolate

Sunday definitely was a hot day, and I was starting to design Paul's voodoo doll in my head halfway up Vico Road for his insistence on doing the Killiney loop again. Ah well - we all survived, and in fact we were going a good bit faster than the week before, though that was mainly down to Antonia having joined the boys' group and definitely pushing the pace a bit more then I would have done on my own. But in the end I was surprised by how decent I was still feeling. It might only have been 13 miles but that's still my longest run in months and I would have been able to go a good bit longer.

So far, so good.

I'm not sure how I will cope for the first 2 weeks in August when we are meant to go on holidays and running in the Mediterranean heat might be a problem - as well as my usual problem of "Honey, I've packed my suitcase but I have no room for normal clothes after all my running stuff". 

The P&D plan does have a medium-long run in midweek, which is definitely the biggest change compared to my pre-training running. It means having to get up a bit early, but one of the distinct advantages of working from home means I can get home much later than pre-Covid and still be at work in time. And I can really tell the difference this extra day of decent mileage makes.

One thing I already noticed, after less than 2 weeks of marathon training, is that the pair of Jeans that was feeling a bit tight is now feeling a bit loose, so even without stepping on the weighing scales I know the weight is coming down. That was something I always noticed - my weight would always track my weekly mileage inversely. There was never much point in weighing myself - I could always tell straight away. And being able to eat as much chocolate as I want was always one of the big bonuses of running for me. Not everything happens for health reasons, you know.

I hope everyone else's running is going reasonably well, especially the ones training for Dublin as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment