Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ta Sam ag teacht abhaile

Is it churlish to still be going on about Kerry’s triumph over our neighbours? Probably. Do I care? Do I hell.



Ah, happy memories! (all pictures shamelessly grabbed from various web sites without any consideration for copyrights)

No major news on the running front. I did 7 miles yesterday, which went fine. I opted for a very hilly 8.5 loop this morning, which included the steep climb up to the Devil’s Elbow. Considering that I used to include this climb 3 times a week over the summer, it shouldn’t have been too taxing. But I found myself struggling to reach the top without having to walk. At one stage I looked at the Garmin and the HR was all the way up to 172, even though I definitely was not pushing the pace, merely trying to keep going. While I haven’t done that particular climb for a number of weeks I did manage to climb that hill in Dingle better than most, at least as far as the up part is concerned. I guess it shows that I still have some recovering to do. I also had a look at the HR rates for my recent runs and the numbers are a bit higher than I’d like them to be. Tomorrow’s planned 10 miles is shelved as a result, I’ll do 5 or 6 miles until things get back in line. I need to remember that my aerobic engine is as developed as it will be for Dublin. Recovering from Dingle is by far the most important part of the puzzle.
21 Sep
6 miles, 46:58, 7:50 pace, HR 148
22 Sep
8.5 miles, 1:09:27, 8:10 pace, HR 154

3 comments:

  1. no pictures of manchester derby ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm stunned, you're going to take it easy tomorrow? re: the pictures, it's only a game but being on the winning side is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The puzzle is coming together nicely.

    I'd be going for Kerry too - they've nicked the green and gold of Australia!

    ReplyDelete