Monday, January 15, 2007

Tags

I tried to ignore the latest game of tag when Eric tagged me (sorry, Eric), but now Waddler has tagged me too and I can’t snub two people at once, can I? I would feel too much of a spoil sport.

This is how it goes:1. Find the nearest book.2. Name the book & the author.3. Turn to page 123.4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.5. Tag three more folks.

  1. I’m at work, and the nearest book is technical. Does it still count?
  2. “Mastering Oracle SQL” by Sanjay Mishra and Alan Beaulieu
  3. ok
  4. Obviously, you can’t use simple date arithmetic, because simple date subtraction doesn’t exclude weekend days. What you can do is use the DATE_OF_YEAR table. For Example:
    SELECT COUNT(*) FROM DATES_OF_YEAR WHERE RTRIM(TO_CHAR(ONE_DAY),’DAY’)) NOT IN (‘SATURDAY’,’SUNDAY’) AND ONE_DAY BETWEEN ‘%d1’ AND ‘&d2’;
    (yes, that's what I do for a living)
  5. Three victims? Ok, I really won’t be offended if you ignore this, honestly, but I tag Pat, Hilda and Bapp.

2 comments:

  1. Did I ever mention that I have a BS in Computer Science and was a programmer/analyst for seven years? I need to qualify that by admitting that this was way back in the early '80s and '90s. I worked in RPG, Cobol, and EDL. Mainframes. Eight-inch floppys and tape reels. Oh, and my first short-lived job out of college involved a key-punch (as did my first few college classes). But hey! Most of that stuff you typed look familiar anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was already tagged with the same directions: http://patsrunning.blogspot.com/2007/01/florida-41-osu-14.html

    I hope I don't have to play again.

    Congrats on your new found speed.

    Pat
    Arizona, USA

    ReplyDelete