Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Ramblings

There isn't much to talk about, so this will be a very short update (Ewen, stop celebrating). On Wednesday I did my first hill session of the year, but it was a rather gentle introduction. I hoped a little bit of hill springing would help to re-balance my leg muscles and help my hamstring. I have been feeling my left hamstring on and off for about 3 months now. It does not really bother me and it did not stop me from running a 10k, 2 marathons and a double marathon in that time, which covers a lot of the spectrum from pace to distance, but it nevertheless is a bit of a worry.

Early indications are that those hills did not clear up the matter, if anything I have been feeling it a bit more in the last couple of days, but it still isn't something that keeps me awake at night.

Thursday and Friday were easy 10 mile runs, for some reason a bit slower than recently. Maybe the legs were a bit tired from the hills or the previous weekend or both but I have another marathon coming up tomorrow (Saturday) and sure was not worried about running slowly.

The championships are just 11 weeks away, which all of a sudden seems just around the corner. I guess the real training is about to begin.
21 Jan
9+ miles, 1:21:21, 8:53 pace, HR 141
   strides, 2 x hill springing
22 Jan
10 miles, 1:25:48, 8:35 pace, HR 136
23 Jan
10 miles, 1:24:45, 8:29 pace, HR 136

No comments:

Post a Comment